Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Publications and High School

So after being all weird last week, especially with my change of font, I can safely say that I have returned to normal! Or at least, as normal as I can be...

First: Publications.

I am so freakin' excited!!! Editor of our newspaper!!! I was also talking with a bunch of my friends who are also on Publications and we were chatting about how we could improve it so much from last year. Color on the front page, extending the newspaper to lower form (or at least 5th grade), comics, sudoku and crossword puzzles, etc. You get the gist. I really should write down all our amazing ideas, cuz as an editor, I am one of the people in charge and I guess I have more authority than some of the other people in Publications... But I also have to clear this stuff with my co-editor, who is currently in Hawaii... So I'll just tell her about it on Thursday and Friday during the training sessions...

Second: High School. Brilliant.

My mom wants me to start looking at schools, so I am. Kinda. The first school I checked out was my first choice school, but now I'm not so sure. I found at least 3 typos on ONE page, so that kinda discouraged me. And I also compared the SAT scores I got with the seniors' scores at that school, and I must say, I'm disappointed. My math score is pretty much the same as theirs! Honestly, an incoming eighth grader with the same math SAT scores as high school SENIORS? Not cool.

So I went to go check out another school. Much better. No typos. Although the website is a little bland, I know for a fact that the school is really good academically. Sports-wise, I'm not so sure, but they definitely have smart graduates who go off to good schools. And besides, last year's student council president is a freshman there this year, so I am absolutely positive that it's good. Whether or not I'm going to go there next year... That's a whole other matter.

There's also another school I'm looking at, but that one is like all the way across the city/county. While it's really cool (solar panels!) and all, the commute would be hard. Either my dad would have to go to work later and get stuck in the rush-hour traffic, or my mom would have to take me there really early but still possibly be late for work, or I could go by myself but I don't know of any bus routes near my house that go there unless I transfer a million times, or I could carpool but I don't know anyone who lives near me who would go to that school. So, not incredibly good.

And then there's a really good school near me (which is actually the rival of the school whose website had at least 3 typos) that has good sports teams and academics. No carpool needed too, since I could walk there. I live like 3 blocks away from it! But. It's too green. That's all I can say. Yes, I know, I'm colorist. But seriously. My friend Jocelyn went there for a camp thing for 5 weeks and after that, she nearly died from overdosing on green.

So yeah. That's about it. I gotta go look at the high school packets my school handed out to us last year... B.O.R.I.N.G.

PotterLover

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.